The basic concept behind the creation of all AC units stays common. The same is the case with basic components needed: Every air conditioner has working fluid, pump, evaporator and condenser.
Thermostat and expansion valve are also indispensable components. There are features unique to each type of a/c system in apart from the common characteristics.
A comprehensive study of the available brands is important for determining the design that best fits your requirements, lifestyle and budget.
Portable Air Conditioners
- They are popular for their portability. As the meaning implies, the portable AC is on wheels, facilitating the movement throughout various rooms.
- They can have up to 4,100 watts of output, and the investment of electric resistance heaters together with the unit is left to the option of consumers. These units are available as two variants.
- Split air conditioners
- Mono block air conditioners
- They are in need of ducts to let go the air outside, hot air in case of cooling and cool air in case of heating. The efficiency is less if you compare it with other types of air conditioners and it may not be possible in areas where there is no outlet for hot air to escape.
Central Air Conditioning System
- They are well-known in well developed countries like USA and the UK.
- They use ducts to distribute dehumidified (moisture content reduced air or in basic terms hot air) or cool air to a large sized area or multiple rooms. They are also able to use pipes to transport chilled water to heat exchangers.
- There are two ways of installing this unit. One way is to place some components within and others outside of the room.
- The other way is to use it as a single composite unit placed at top of roofs or in the centre of vast areas such as college libraries etc
- The benefits provided by this category of air conditioning in Milwaukee WI over weigh the ones provided by other varieties.
- The first is that the air is filtered when using this system, making the air cleaner and easier to breathe which is especially advantageous to asthma patients.
- Moreover the system is quieter and less disruptive than several other units.
Other Types of Air Conditioning Units
- While central and portable AC units are the most common, there are other types of systems also. These air conditioning systems consist of mini split air conditioners, evaporative coolers etc.
Once you are acquainted with the facts, deciding on the appropriate one will be a simple task.
So prioritize your desires. If you are looking for convenience as the main criteria, you would find portable air conditioning system as a great choice.
However, if efficiency and cleanliness are your predominant choices, then choose a central air conditioning unit.